Monday, October 12, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

 Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Like most Americans you are probably unaware that the Lakers won the NBA championship last night. I know - I forgot they were playing too... Urban Irish would be a good name for a band, a sports bar or a line of T-shirts and hats... You may also be unaware that MLB playoffs are going on as well. I'd guess that only 1 in 20 American adults could even name half of the teams that are left in the baseball playoffs. We aren't angry with the NBA or MLB. It's just that their antics have made us apathetic to their very existence... "Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts." - John Wooden...  I can recall just a short time ago when historically FDR's two biggest sins were interning Japanese American citizens and trying to pack the Supreme Court. Now that packing the Supreme Court seems to be gaining Joementum momentum from the Left I have to wonder if they also support putting Americans who disagree with them into internment camps. Scarily I think we all know the answer to that one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment