Thursday, June 10, 2021

Boston Bruins

Last night the Boston Bruins were eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs after a lackluster 6-2 loss to the New York Islanders. I feel so unsatisfied. 

I really felt this Bruins team had the capability to compete for the Cup. I was wrong.

There were countless missed scoring chances (including multiple whiffs at open nets). Countless defensive miscues that led to Islander goals. And most of the goals against the Bruins were soft.

This series has brought me to the conclusion that it is time for Boston to move on from Tuukka Rask. Yes Tuukka is the franchise's greatest goalie in its storied history but the time has come. Let's see what the kid Jeremy Swayman can do.  

This morning I will dutifully shave my playoff beard and next week I will be paying my bookie. I feel so unsatisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment