Thursday, July 08, 2021

Quotes for Today

Some quotes I hope may resonate with you.

"It is a most wonderful comfort to sit alone beneath a lamp, book spread before you, and commune with someone from the past whom you have never met." - Yoshida Kenko

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain

"Liberty is the parent of science and of virtue, and a nation will be great in both in proportion as it is free." - Thomas Jefferson

"I always spent money on books. I never viewed that as an expense. That's an investment to me." - Naval Ravikant

"The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know. ... Do justly; Love mercy; Walk humbly; This is enough for you and to do." - John Adams

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth  my hands to war and my fingers to fight ." - Psalm 144

"For about 54 years, people have ask me not to keep saying 'I love America.' Well I do and I'm not ashamed. Don't leave it; Love it." - George Foreman

No comments:

Post a Comment