Friday, August 27, 2021

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Someone should edit Clint Eastwood's "Empty Chair" speech from the 2012 RNC convention to replace "Obama" with "Biden." The "empty chair" idea has never been so true in the history of the Presidency as it is today... Still my favorite photo of Prince Charles. I feel it properly captures his essence... Sometimes I come up with good ideas over drinks but I doubt I'll ever come up with anything so good or significant as the US Marine Corps which was created over drinks at the Tun Tavern in Philadelphia on November 10, 1775. The guy who ran the tavern was also named the first official Marine recruiter. God bless the Marines who gave the last full measure of devotion yesterday in Afghanistan... Morgan Housel: Rules, Truths, Beliefs. Some interesting insights... The cynic in me thinks the Democrats and the media will downplay and minimize the events in Afghanistan because to them yesterday at the airport was nothing more than another average weekend in Chicago... 

No comments:

Post a Comment