Friday, August 06, 2021

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Starlink's latest reported speeds are 97 Mbps down and 14 Mbps up.  Pretty good but the upload speeds may bot be acceptable for many applications.

- 4.5% of the general adult population are psychopaths. Yeah but are they vaccinated?

- I want this painting

- Article may be sensational but truth is getting accurate VAERS data is near impossible. And the question has to be asked - why is that? My guess is the true number of adverse reaction deaths to the vaccines will dwarf the number of elderly deaths in nursing homes. Skeptical about the high number of children being paralyzed though.

2 comments:

  1. as an aside, I live in the rurals, using LTE cell modem on a 69 foot tower I had to pay for myself. I get 10mbps down and 1 mbps up.

    I may also be too far north (by only a couple 100 km at most) to even get starlink. Something to think about, mister 1gb cable....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick - I deal with rural areas with only options awful DSL or satellite (and no cell coverage). Starlink is great for folks with no options for fiber to the home (and currently big push with all the CARES Act and ARPA federal money for fiber builds).

    If I was in your boat - I'd already be on the wait list for Starlink.

    ReplyDelete