More stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.
- How protectionism turns friends into rivals. For the record I support reciprocal tariffs. If a country has a zero tariff on our goods we should have reciprocal zero tariffs on theirs. Canada does not have reciprocal tariffs with us even though we are their largest trading partner.
- The complete insanity of the Democratic Socialist agenda.
- Some mostly forgotten history - George Thomas the Rock of Chickamauga.
Agree - Deficit trade balance is a recipe for war and grievance every bit as erecting tariffs to regain balance. Vampires suck blood and there are always more parasite species for every species that are not.
ReplyDeleteI would need some evidence to prove to me that our European associates have been in any way treating us as friends any time in the last 60 years. The argument made the assumption that the governments running things in Europe are friends of ours and I see no evidence of this, in fact, much the opposite. Ditto the government of Canada. I'm not worried about Canada, my cousins are busy taking it over one island province at a time.....
ReplyDeleteThink "reciprocal" should not just apply to tariffs but also to military commitment. Why should we be paying the freight for some of these countries?
ReplyDelete