Asimov’s fictional ‘psychohistory’ makes more sense and to me is more believable than our own soft sciences like sociology. It was foundational (heh) and changed the way I look at people.
Was thinking of Asimov the other day - think if you showed his picture to the average person think a third would say "I don't know him." a third would say he's a writer, and a third would say he was a famous scientist. Funny thing is all three answers would be technically correct.
Asimov’s fictional ‘psychohistory’ makes more sense and to me is more believable than our own soft sciences like sociology. It was foundational (heh) and changed the way I look at people.
ReplyDeleteSP RN
Was thinking of Asimov the other day - think if you showed his picture to the average person think a third would say "I don't know him." a third would say he's a writer, and a third would say he was a famous scientist. Funny thing is all three answers would be technically correct.
ReplyDeleteI got a kick out of The Proteus Operation featuring young Asimov.
ReplyDeleteHave a number of authors on my list headed by L' Amour and Asimov and on the lookout for any books by them I run across.
ReplyDelete