Sunday, March 19, 2006

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I just thought it should be mentioned that Boston College's Craig Smith (22 points, 14 rebounds yesterday) went to Worcester Academy... Speaking of Worcester - the DCU Center will be host to first round action in the NCAA men's hockey tournament but local team the Holy Cross Crusaders want to get out of town for their playoff game. Considering that the other sites for the tournament are Albany, Green Bay and Grand Forks - the Crusader players should be careful of what they wish for... Kaz Matsui is hurt (again) and the Mets are looking at one of two rookies manning 2nd base come opening day. Omar Minaya should just swallow his pride and call the Red Sox about Tony Graffanino (although he'll end up asking for Alex Cora because Cora speaks Spanish - I'm not even kidding about that). However - if I'm the Sox I only deal Graffanino because they need a back-up at SS and Graff's range isn't what it once was (by the same token - Graff is a huge upgrade for Mets at the plate and in the field over Matsui)... Brewer JJ Hardy was going to be one of my sleeper fantasy picks but a SS with back issues may be too much of a red flag for me... Have you seen the Frosted Flakes box with Nascar's Kyle Busch on the cover? I have to say that Busch justs looks goofy on the cover. I couldn't stop thinking that he looks like the love-child between Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird. I wish I had a link... I went 7-1 in my NCAA picks against the spread yesterday and yes I have a witness. That's the good news. The bad news is that hot day just brought me back to even for the tournament... I'm sick of people caling the NCAA tournamant "the Big Dance". I'm sick of it I tell you. I would much rather if they called it "the NBA pre-draft combine"...

No comments:

Post a Comment