Sunday, February 17, 2008

Politics

An interesting position expressed by Liberal Values:
As an independent, should Obama win the nomination I will vote for him. If there is a race between McCain and Clinton I see primarily negatives in each candidate and would be tempted to stay home. If I do vote, my vote would be up in the air and either candidate would have a chance. However, should Clinton proceed with her attempts to steal the nomination by taking the votes from Michigan and Florida, I would consider defense of the democratic process more important than any of the areas where I disagree with McCain and I would vote for him.
I think this sentiment is fairly common in both the Democratic Party and among "liberals" (including Independents and Libertarians). Should Clinton win the nomination - I think McCain would have to self-destruct to lose. Conversely - If Obama won the nomination - I wouldn't put it past the Clintons to do their best behind the scenes to submarine his chances at winning the White House. Either way - it looks like John McCain will be the next President (assuming he doesn't self-destruct or nominate Harriet Miers as his VP).

No comments:

Post a Comment