Thursday, May 02, 2024

Haunted Mesa by Louis L' Amour

Currently reading Haunted Mesa by Louis L' Amour and enjoying it. Was led to this decision by a strange sequence of events. First - a long time ago I had actually visited this mesa and the abandoned Indian cliff dwellings (but had no idea of their history and reputation for maybe being haunted). I was in the Four Corners area anyway and a guided tour just seemed the thing to do. Recently I read L' Amour's memoir Education of a Wondering Man and he went out of his way to mentioned spending over-night in these dwellings. As a man who knew all about the history of the old West L' Amour wouldn't have dedicated a chapter of his memoir if he didn't consider it significant. Finally when I had mentioned reading Education of a Wondering Man - Eric mentioned Haunted Mesa as one of the books he re-reads from time to time. Knowing how impactful books you feel compelled to re-read can be - I knew I had to pick this book up.

Will let you know how I make out and if this will join my list of books I need to re-read. Thanks Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment