Thursday, April 11, 2013

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I'm not impressed by the Red Sox so-called 794 game "sell-out" streak which ended last night. What is impressive is Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon being on Billboard's top album list for 741 consecutive weeks... Beaver bites man to death. Thank God this wasn't - you know - a euphemism...  I disagree with the underlying sentiments but I have to admit I have new respect for Russell Brand's writing ability. His article on the death of Margaret Thatcher was strangely mesmerizing...  Dwight Evans has 331 more career hits and almost 300 more HR for the Red Sox than Wade Boggs but you never hear Dewey whining about him getting his number retired... I can't bypass the movie Goon without stopping to watch. Goon, Slapshot and Casablanca... Happy 41st birthday to former Red Sox captain Jason Varitek. My guess is even the most die-hard Yankee fans smile at this photo given the past couple of years...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Thanks for
    supplying this info.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage; Air Max

    ReplyDelete