Monday, July 07, 2014

Why Choose?

The older I get the less I'm willing to entertain questions involving false dichotomies. Which do you prefer - the mountains or the beach? Why not both? Any day you get to spend at a nice beach or hiking in the mountains is a good day. Why choose? Beatles or Rolling Stones? Both are awesome bands with ground breaking music. Springsteen's E Street Band  or Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band? Again why choose? Both bands have tons of great songs but neither has enough so that it could be fulfilling to listen exclusively to their music. Chocolate or vanilla? Good ice cream is good ice cream. Besides if we are talking soft serve then why not get a twist and enjoy both?

Ginger or Mary Ann? OK here maybe a choice is necessary. Juggling dating two women never ends well and if we are talking both at the same time - I don't need that sort of pressure. I have a hard enough time completely satisfying one woman. Besides Tina Louise (Ginger) is now 80-years old and Dawn Welles (Mary Ann) is now 76. If you are going to make me choose can't I pick between women who are much younger at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment