Friday, October 24, 2014

I Believe

I believe that men and women are equal except maybe physiologically. Men are on the whole stronger but women can create new life (which is awesome). The idea of a woman not being able to drive or vote or even pick out her own clothes is inherently ridiculous to me.

I believe that homosexuality is genetic and that homo and heterosexuals should have the same rights including the right to marry the one you love. I believe the idea that homosexuals should be stoned to death is barbaric and that the idea that there are no homosexuals in a country of 77 million (Iran) is farcical.

I believe that slavery is not just wrong but an inherent evil that should be stamped out.

I believe bacon is delicious.

To some my beliefs make me an Islamophobe. To those people I say "Screw you!"

Consider that the Westboro Baptist Church wouldn't even go so far as to disagree with some of the above sentiments yet they are rightly scorned and ridiculed in the US. How come that ridicule and scorn is never extended to Muslims who believe "Allah hates fags"?

I stand behind my beliefs. Do you stand behind yours?

2 comments:

  1. Right there with ya big guy, though (And I do like and eat it), I never understand the obsession with bacon.

    ReplyDelete