Sunday, June 25, 2023

Anthony Bourdain Would Have Turned 67 Today

In the US, today is rightly known as Bourdain Day. It is the anniversary of his birth. In his honor here is an interview he gave in 2016. Also here's another quote to leave you with. Be sure to raise a glass to his memory:

"I should have died in my 20's. I became successful in my 40's. I became a dad in my 50's. I feel like I've stolen a car - a really nice car - and I keep looking in the rearview for the flashing lights. But there's been nothing yet," - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori. But don't forget to raise a glass. That's what he would have wanted. (Via)

2 comments:

  1. So I just ordered the updated version of Kitchen Confidential. I'll bet it's been long enough that I'll remember little of the original. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afraid to re-read the book since I'm not sure how much of his kitchen wisdom still holds up in the modern day.

    ReplyDelete