Saturday, October 01, 2005

McGwire: I'll Never Talk About Steroids Again

I read this article over at ESPN.com and I had to laugh. Seriously, I was drinkng my coffee and chuckling. How stupid can Mark McGwire be? Let's take a look at some snippets:
"I've moved on from it [the steroids issue] and I wish the media would," McGwire said.
Let me translate, "Why can't the media leave me alone. I know I cheated but it was a long time ago. Come on guys. Please!?!"

How about this one:
"I'm a very positive person and I just wish everybody else would be positive."
Am I the only one who read that as "I know I would have tested positive for steroids and I wish others would test positive too so I don't have to endure this shame alone."?

One last bit from the article:
McGwire said he's aware his image has taken a big hit, but didn't appear concerned. He said he missed baseball and would like to get back into the sport "some day."
What would a team want with you and your baggage? What would you do? Teach steroid cheaters how to deal with back acne?

No comments:

Post a Comment