Monday, December 14, 2009

Strange

So I checked into my hotel out here is Syracuse and as is often the case as soon as I'm in my room - I'm reading the hotel information booklet they put in the room (if you know what I'm saying).

What struck me as odd was the fact that at the end of the book where you find the ads for the local restaurants, pizza delivery places and sports bars - there was an ad for a local tattoo parlor. What the heck? Is the idea that someone thumbing through would see the ad and say, "Hey - nothing else to do tonight - I guess I'll go get some ink!"

Seriously can you imagine anyone staying in a strange town deciding to permanently mark up their body based upon an ad they saw in a hotel info booklet? And this is a nice hotel I'm staying at. That's what also makes it odd. I'm not staying at a place that would have bail bondsman info on the lobby bulletin board. The whole thing just strikes me as odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment