Thursday, December 30, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Jerry Crasnick makes his case for Jeff Bagwell and the Hall of Fame. Here's what bugs me about Jerry's piece - he named every player baseball-reference compares to Bagwell except Fred McGriff - why? Did he purposely make no comparison between Bagwell and McGriff because Crime Dog is considered clean when it comes to steroids and Bagwell not so much?... Jeff Bagwell a 'No' for This Hall Voter. I have to say that he has a point... I shouldn't have to do this but my awesomeness compels me to deny that I have ever used performance enhancing drugs except beer... Very cool chart of weekly 2010 movie revenues... Interesting - supposedly if Michigan waits to fire Rich Rodriguez until after Jan 1st, his buyout drops from $4 million to $2.5 million... Tim Tebow - praise be his name... One the one hand - Jeff Bagwell holds many of the all-time hitting records for the Astros so it should be proper for him to be in the Hall of Fame. On the other hand he made over $128 million playing baseball and if he did do steroids then he's been compensated already.

No comments:

Post a Comment