Friday, January 17, 2020

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Anger is temporary madness: The Stoics knew how to curb it. "...other vices affect our judgment, anger affects our sanity."

- Google wants the Supreme Court to ignore copyright law. I'm going to have to go back and read that first link again because companies and people that keep thinking and acting as if the law doesn't apply to them makes me angry. And I'm not alone in that.

- 12 Fucking Rules for Success

- I'm an awful person for laughing at this - a woman passes out after having 12 Heinekens (I hope she's OK)

- This is a pretty damning stat.

- Why LBJ's Great Society failed and what it means for the 2020 election.

1 comment:

  1. The real problem with the Google/Oracle deal is that code is copyrighted, when it really should be patented. Copyrights last nearly forever.

    Code is not literature, it's an invention, a tool to accomplish work.

    ReplyDelete