Thursday, November 30, 2023

More Charlie Munger Quotes to Live By

Some more wisdom from the great Charlie Munger that I hope may resonate with you.

"I never allow myself yo have an opinion on anything where I don't know the other sides argument better than they do."

 "I think a life properly lived is just learn, learn, learn all the time." 

"Every time you hear EBITA, just substitute it with bullshit."

"You can't live a successful life without doing some difficult things that go wrong. That's just the nature of the game, and you wouldn't be sufficiently courageous if you tried to avoid every single reverse." 

"I did not intend to get rich. I just wanted to get independent." 

"Recognize and adapt to the true nature of the world around you; don't expect it to adapt to you." 

5 comments:

  1. It should be EBITA (Earnings before interest, taxes, amortization) - not EDITA. Either way - it's bullshit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tom - you're right of course. Charlie had it right too but I have fat fingers. I'll change it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I thought I was missing something and had to double check!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:21 PM

    If we could all follow #1.

    ReplyDelete