Friday, December 02, 2005

Michael Irvin

ESPN has decided to punish Michael Irvin for having drug paraphernalia found in his car by suspending him from his duties this Sunday and Monday. Irvin will be back at work for ESPN on December 11th.

Now I can get on my high horse and spout on about "what sort of message is this sending to the children" but truth be told - when I found out the paraphernalia was a pipe used to smoke pot I ceased caring. I though Irvin was smoking crack (didn't you?).

I'm pretty libertarian in my views on pot. I think it just makes you stupid but if an adult wants to sample the leaf - well I really don't care. If I were a real journalist I think I would have handled this story by interviewing Randy Moss and Snoop Dog to get their views on Irvin's "suspension". That would have been amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment