Friday, June 09, 2006

Top 5 - Random Thoughts About Toronto

1. The average price for a pint of Guinness according to my survey (8 pubs) is $7 Canadian (that's about $6.30 in US currency)

2. In Ontario you have to be 19 years old to purchase either alcohol or cigarettes. In Quebec the minimum age is 18 for both alcohol and tobacco products.

3. You see tons of sea gulls in Toronto and not so many pidgeons. In Boston it is pretty much the exact opposite even though Boston is right on the ocean.

4. I loved the fact that The Sopranos was shown uncut (but with commercials) on regular TV at 11:00 on TLN. I caught three old episodes while I was up in Toronto.

5. I can't recall any bars that sold Budweiser. I was mostly ordering LaBatts Blue but I thought back and can't recall if any of the bars actually sold Budweiser at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment