Thursday, July 12, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - OK I'll Say It!

Most of the conversations you will hear regarding the new movie - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - will revolve mostly around one of two subjects; A: what has left out or changed from the book and B; how the movie compares to the four earlier Harry Potter movies.

I want to bring up something different that has bothered me since I saw the movie last night.

I think director David Yates purposefully made Hagrid's giant low-IQ half-brother Gawp look like George W. Bush. Seeing how Yates is a BBC alumnus - I think he has planted some sort of "inside" joke. I have no proof of this but I have seen enough left-wing caricatures of Bush to recognize one when I see one.

I'm sorry that I have no pictures to back up my gut feeling but if you have seen the movie - tell me am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment