Saturday, February 05, 2011

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Happy Birthday to Henry Aaron! Hammering Hank, one of the classiest guys in baseball, turns 77 today...Very cool pictures of the world’s biggest cave which was discovered in Vietnam. I'm proud of myself that I didn't make a Madonna crack but I do have to question the timing of this with James Cameron's movie Sanctum just being released... Hah hah - this woman is awesome... According to reports - the Yankees have signed Eric Chavez to a minor league deal. Normally I'd think of this as a low risk high potential reward move but honestly this move has me scratching my head. On the Yankees end do they do this because they have questions about Alex Rodriguez's health? On the A's end - why didn't they offer Chavez a minor league deal? It would make more sense for him to stay with that organization unless the A's have just had all they wanted out of Chavez and didn't see the point... It turns out that the guy who robbed the Bellagio of an estimated $1.5 million was caught basically because he's an idiot... As a Red Sox fan I am please to hear that Robinson Cano has hired Scott Boras as his agent. Boras will really stick it to the Yankees and as great as I think Cano is I have to wonder if he'll keep his drive once he gets his huge contract... A new report suggests that polygamous mice have more "agile" sperm. I really don't care about the science here - I was just amused by the phrase "polygamous mice". That would make a great name for a band... Hah hah - ESPN's Buster Olney: "The Mets' best defense in Madoff suit: We signed Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo to $60m deals-and WE were supposed to sniff out Ponzi scheme?"... So wrong but so funny... Amused to think that people who run into him on the street will now tell Rob Lowe to "stop pooping" because of his role on Parks and Recreation. They used to say "stop filming underage girls"... With all the waivers being given to opt out of Obamacare isn't next step to just offer waivers to the states and let all 57 just opt out too?

No comments:

Post a Comment