Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Movie Hitmen

I hate sloppy lists and I found this list of movie hitmen to be awfully sloppy. I found myself driven to post just to get thinking of the sloppy list off my mind (like getting a crappy song stuck in your head).

The article starts by mentioning Clint Eastwood in the first sentence but the article never mentions Clint's Eiger Sanction one of his most under-rated movies in which he plays a mountain-climbing, art-loving hitman. Oh and for the record - Eastwood didn't play a hitman in The Outlaw Josey Wales. You could make the case for Unforgiven but not Josey Wales. Sloppy.

The article also mentions Quentin Tarantino but fails to mention perhaps the most menacing hitman Tarantino created - Virgil from True Romance played by a pre-Sopranos James Gandolfini.

If I had written an article about movie hitmen I'd probably mention Timothy Olyphant's title role in the movie Hitman. Not rocket science.

I'd also give a final shout-out to the scene-stealing hitmen, Mr. Kid and Mr. Wint, from the James Bond classic Diamonds are Forever.

Those were just off the top of my head. If I got paid to do a list you could be sure it wouldn't have been as sloppy as the one I linked to.

No comments:

Post a Comment