Sunday, December 09, 2012

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Watched the Pacquiao-Marquez fight while at a poker game. Everyone who had money on the fight (including me) thought Marquez was going to win this time... On this day in history in 1941 - Bob Feller becomes the first major league baseball player to enlist after Pearl Harbor. More than anything that he did on the field - it was this act that Ted Williams always associated most with Feller (and perhaps the thing he was most jealous of)... Interesting look back at The Sopranos by Alan Sepinwall. Put me in the camp who is more curious about what happened to the Russian that whether Tony lived or died at the end... When Marquez knocked out Pacquiao some at the poker table thought he might be dead. Seriously... Ken Levine decodes Hollywood-speak... Hipsters may think they invented snark but that was the name of author Jack London's sailboat over a hundred years ago...Oyster Pirates would be a good name for a band...

3 comments:

  1. I met Feller and got his autograph (done with a Sharpie unfortunately, and almost faded to oblivion) but I'm glad I got to thank him for his service to this country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you met Bob Feller - you were a lucky man. I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:40 AM

    Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm definitely enjoying your blog
    and look forward to new updates.
    Also visit my web blog ... http://africanmangoplusdirect.com/

    ReplyDelete