Saturday, December 01, 2012

Tommy Hanson and Jair Jurrjens

I thought Tommy Hanson and Jair Jerrjens would become the cornerstones of the Braves starting staff. Today neither player is even on Atlanta's roster. Hanson was traded to the Angels for reliever Jordan Walden. Meanwhile Jurrjens was simply released.

I know the Braves are pitching rich but it seems like they got very little in return for players who just two years ago would have garnered at least top prospects. I know that both players have struggled with injuries but it still seems strange.

It also makes me think that maybe the Red Sox look at Hanson and Jurrjens and think Clay Buchholz and Jon Lester.

EDIT: It looks like Red Sox GM is "open-minded" about trading Lester.

2 comments:

  1. During Hanson's rookie season, I was raving about him to Rick Behenna, and Rick told me that he hated his delivery and that he would fall apart with shoulder problems within 4 years. He was as always right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donald - if the flaws in Hanson's delivery were know - why didn't the Braves try to do something about them?

    ReplyDelete