Saturday, January 11, 2014

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I know that the 11th Commandment is "Thou Shall Not Tease" but I think teasing Seattle down to -2.5 and the Patriots to -1 looks like a pretty good bet today... David Mamet's brilliant memo on drama...  Jerry Coleman was such a great guy. I bet he never thought twice about doing such a nice thing for a stranger... With Rangers GM Jon Daniels saying it is "highly unlikely" that Texas would re-sign Nelson Cruz - I think the odds that Cruz will wind up in Japan just went to even money... Roy Williams had a player who couldn't read at UNC? Can't help but think Duke kids will have a field day with this... With apologies to Marshawn Lynch - whenever I see "beast mode" in print - my mind reads it as "breast mode". Once I realize my mistake I wonder why there's no breast mode. I want a breast mode... Heh heh - Mama Spike...   Not a fan of movie re-makes in general but is the idea of a re-make of Point Break any worse than the idea to re-make the classic True Grit? That turned out OK...  Holy crap - Greg Maddux is a sick bastard...

No comments:

Post a Comment