Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Bill Cosby as Frank Booth

I found this funny. But I think Bill Cosby would be much better in a different movie remake. Let me explain.

This train of thought began when I learned today that Quaaludes were named for the "Quiet Interludes" they were supposed to create. My mind then leapt to "Quite Interludes with Bill Cosby". Which led to the idea that would make a great title for a remake of David Lynch's 1986 classic Blue Velvet with Bill Cosby taking over the Dennis Hopper Frank Booth role. You could even keep much of the dialogue exactly the same:
Frank Booth: "In dreams, I walk with you. In dreams, I talk to you. In dreams, you're mine, all the time. Forever. In dreams..."
Frank Booth: "The candy-colored clown they call the Sandman."
Of course I'd want to change this classic dialogue slightly:
Frank Booth: "What kind of desserts do you like?"
Jeffrey Beaumont: "Apple pie."
Frank Booth" [Shouting] "Apple pie? Fuck that shit! Jello Pudding Pops!"

No comments:

Post a Comment