Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

I was flipping around the channels last night and I caught Bill O'Reilly speaking to someone regarding the Swift Boat Vets. O'Reilly basically said (I'm paraphrasing), "If I were Kerry I would have come out when these guys first surfaced - met with the press and said that these are scurrilous allegations and then just ignored them [the Swift Boat Vets]. I then would have got on with speaking about the issues I felt were important to America." I was struck with the thought that this was almost the exact thinking the people at CNN had about O'Reilly when he first came on the scene at Fox News and look what it got them... Not for nothing but Doug Mirabelli is hitting HR's at a clip of one every 14.1 AB while Alex Rodriguez is hitting them at rate of one every 15.5 AB... Thought provoking column by Claudia Rosett... Whatever happened to Ballantine Beer?... Is Trevor Hoffman the unanimous choice for NL Come-Back Player of the Year?... John Kerry was on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart last night and the question of Christmas in Cambodia was treated as a joke. I am curious to see if the main stream media who have been slighted by Kerry's unavailability of late now decide to take the gloves off on the issue... Happy 58th birthday to "Red Sox for a day" Rollie Fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment