Monday, August 14, 2006

Burgess Meredith

I stayed up to watch Grumpy Old Men on Turner Classics last night. I think that is one of the more under-rated comedies of recent years and I also happen to think that it featured one of the more under-rated actors of the last 40-years – Burgess Meredith.

Meredith stole every scene he was in for Grumpy Old Men (too bad they didn’t show the out-takes at the end because I remember laughing my ass off at some of Meredith’s X-rated out-takes when I first saw this movie at the theater). The same was true for Meredith in another under-rated movie – Foul Play. In the movie Rocky – Meredith gave off the air of the only professional actor in the whole movie.

Even though Burgess is dead and gone - I wanted to note that he’s not forgotten or unappreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment