Monday, May 21, 2007

Immigration Bill

I haven't studied the proposed Immigration Bill but my gut tells me its simply a bad idea. My gut also tells me that a good way to kill the bill would be to slip in an amendment that requires all Z visa applicants to show documentation for the same requirements children need in order to get into kindergarten.

That means showing documentation than they have inoculations for Diphtheria, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Hepatitis B. My guess is that "undocumented workers" wouldn't be able to come up with the medical documentation and thus turn the Bill into a non-starter. I don't mean to turn the former Department of Immigration and Naturalization into the Department of Immunization but shouldn't it be harder to get into this country than get into kindergarten?

No comments:

Post a Comment