Top 10 Fantasy Baseball Shortstops
Here's how I would rank shortstops for fantasy baseball purposes.
1. Hanley Ramirez Marlins - so much separation between Hanley and the rest make him that much more valuable if you have the chance to grab him
2. Troy Tulowitzki Rockies - can he repeat his performance from last year?
3. Jason Bartlett Rays
4. Derek Jeter Yankees - you could swap Jeter and Bartlett around and I'd be OK with that
5. Yunel Escobar Braves
6. Jimmy Rollins Phillies - He had a down year last season and still hit 21 HR
7. Elvis Andrus Ranger - has tremendous potential
8. Jose Reyes Mets - most other people would have him ranked higher but 'm afraid of his health and the players above him aren't chopped liver
9. Stephen Drew Diamondbacks
10. Erick Aybar Angels
Rafael Furcal just misses making the list but I have to wonder if he's too past his peak to risk taking him over any of the players on the list. Alcides Escobar of the Brewers make be the sleeper in the bunch.