Friday, March 12, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

In 1942 Joe Gordon of the Yankees led the AL in strikeouts w/ 95. These days 95 wouldn't even lead the AL at the All-Star break... I'm a big fan of this beer. Sam Adams Noble Pils - a brief history/review. And yes I do consider myself an average American Bud Light swiller... OK Nomar Garciaparra signed a one-day minor league contract with the Red Sox and then retired. The contract was supposedly for $30. That raises two questions in my mind - A: did Arn Tellum (Nomar's agent) get his $4.50 and B: did Nomar also get his per diem money?... I'll say it again - TiVo is the modern technology equivalent of the Pony Express. Famous but short-lived. Both ushered in better things... I was reading a document that was talking about "private equity" except I read it as "pirate equity". I would so invest in pirate equity. Maybe something like the Crimson Permanent Assurance...

No comments:

Post a Comment