Friday, February 03, 2012

Did Newt Resign in Disgrace?

I must admit that I found this article - Newt Did Not Resign in Disgrace by former Congressman Mark Souder pretty amusing. I especially found Souder sitting with fellow Congressman Mark Sanford during the vote on whether Newt would remain as Speaker to be unintentionally funny.

Why did I find this amusing? Well I couldn't help but remember that Souter later resigned from office because he was having an affair with a female staffer (basically at the same time Newt was having an affair with one of his female staffers). Then talking about agonizing about the decision with Mark Sanford who later resigned from the Governorship of South Carolina because he too was having an affair was just the extra bit of obtuseness needed to make me shake my head in disbelief.