Saturday, March 17, 2012

Please God

Dear God - I don't ask for much and I don't ask often but there is something I really want.

Right now the Denver Broncos are doing the Old Testament equivalent of coveting their neighbor's wife. They really, really want to sign Peyton "Jezebel" Manning who has been flirting with any team with money like a shameless hussy.

What I want is simple. Right now Brady Quinn is visiting the Kansas City Chiefs. Thy will be done and have him sign there. I would also like the Broncos to lose out on Peyton Manning - have him sign with the 49ers or Titans instead. So far - nothing special in the request but here's the bit that might take some doing. Please talk to your servant Timothy Tebow and convince him to take a year off from the NFL to do missionary work in the Phillipines.

I admit that the only thing I'd get out of this arrangement is a very good laugh but I'd love it if John Elway and the rest of the Broncos management had to go hat in hand to the other side of the world to beg Tim Tebow to come back to the team to be their starting QB. After publicly shunning him for Manning how great would that be? I mean - I would just love that.

Please God. I don't ask much and I don't ask often.