Wednesday, December 31, 2014

John Milius

John Milius is a screenwriter and a director who was involved in some of the most important movies of my childhood. Yet I had never even heard his name until I came across a documentary on Netflix called appropriately enough - Milius. Here's just a few of the watershed movies John Milius was involved in:

Apocalypse Now (written by)
Magnum Force (screenplay)
Jeremiah Johnson (screenplay)
Conan the Barbarian (written and directed by)
Clear and Present Danger (screenplay)
Red Dawn (screenplay and directed by)

In addition he created the HBO show Rome (one of my favorites) and he wrote the "Indianapolis" speech in the movie Jaws for his good friend Stephen Spielberg. How did I not know this guy's name? Fascinating guy. Well worth the time to watch the documentary.

1 comment: