Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Slice of Life

So last night I'm on the deck of the 308 Lakeside Restaurant in East Brookfield Mass. This deck is one of the best places in Central Mass to watch the sunset. It was about 90 degrees out and I was enjoying a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy (or three).

Also on the deck was an old couple (not sure how old but they were old) who were both wearing sweaters (did I mention it was 90 degrees out?). There was background music playing on the deck and The Doors' Love Me Two Times starts playing. Suddenly the old woman grabs the old man's arm and says, "Honey - they're playing our song."

When the song came out in 1967 I'm sure it was considered pretty racy. My mind just finds it amusing that the lyrics "Love me two times" hold special meaning for this old couple.

Sometimes it's the little things in life.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. My ex-wife and I convinced the kids that our song was "War Pigs"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that's better then a certain Nine Inch Nails song :)

    ReplyDelete