Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Matt Ryan

Some people continue to be blinded when it comes to Matt Ryan and his chances for the Heisman Award. I'm talking to you Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com.
Neither team would be in the championship hunt without them. Same for Ryan. But this week I can't vote him No. 1, or even No. 2 [in Heisman rankings]. It shouldn't matter, but it does. Thursday is going to stick with me as a Heisman voter. Ryan could end up being the ACC Player of the Year, even an All-American. But I'll remember those first 56 minutes more than the final four.
Dennis - I posit that if you knew what you were talking about that those final 4 minutes would count way more than the first 56. The only person I've seen or heard make this point is Sean McDonough during Friday's Boise State telecast. McDonough correctly noted that Ryan calls his own plays when the team goes into the 2-minute offense which they did during the final 4-minutes of the Virginia Tech game. Ryan was not only making the big plays - he was calling them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment