Sunday, August 02, 2009

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Cool - check out Chipper's ride to the ballpark. Chipper Jones and Adam LaRoche seem pretty close. Maybe signing LaRoche this offseason would make up to Chipper for losing friends Smoltzy and Tommy.. Quote of the Day: "...if we open a quarrel between the past and the present, we shall find that we have lost the future" - Winston Churchill... Catholics rarely say Grace. I think that is related to the Church stance on birth control and having large families around the dinner table. I know I was always more concerned about getting my share of the "good stuff" versus saying a prayer when eating as a kid with my 5 brothers and sisters... A new 6.25% alcohol tax went into effect in Massachusetts Saturday. A repeal referendum is already in the works. Taxing beer will prove to be the demise of Governor Deval Patrick... I saw a Massachusetts car with a Lakers sticker and a Blue Jays sticker on the bumper the other day. Strange. How does that happen? Toronto and LA? Strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment