Thursday, January 19, 2012

Romney Answer I Wish I Heard

If I was Mitt Romney - I would have said the following at some point in tonight's debate:
My two favorite President's of the past 100 years are Harry Truman and Ronald Reagan. Harry Truman had on his desk a plaque that said "The Buck Stops Here". As an aside "the buck" is a poker term and poker should be legal in the United States - its an American game. The saying meant that President Truman would take responsibility for getting things done, for making the hard decisions. President Obama takes a completely opposite approach. He doesn't take responsibility for anything. Take the decision to punt on the Keystone XL pipeline for example. President Reagan had a plaque on his desk that said, "It's amazing how much can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." This attitude was one of Reagan's secrets to success but it is an attitude that Speaker Gingrich would never be able to embrace because his ego is too big. Almost every other word out of his mouth tonight has been the word "I". His megalomania is his main problem.