Friday, January 20, 2012

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

New Gingrich released his taxes last night in an attempt to redirect attention from his ex-wife's allegations that he wanted an open marriage. Pure and simple. If I was Mitt Romney I would be more than a little bit upset over that piece of politics. If I was Mitt - I'd have his wife Ann tape a spot talking about how when she was diagnosed with MS her husband stood by her. Newt may have gotten a good reaction to slamming John King for asking the question but he's done irreparable damage among women voters across the country (and they make up 50% of the electorate - making Newt radioactive in a general election)... According to a Tweet by Darren Rovell - the new Bud Light Platinum will be 6% alcohol while Bud is 5% and Bud Light is 4.2%. That just doesn't seem right to me that Bud Light is less alcohol than Bud. If that's really the case then I might have to switch back to Bud (or to the new Bud Light Platinum)... So Newt Gingrich supposedly converted to being a Catholic. I guess the 6 years of living in sin and the divorcing of two women doesn't mean as much to the church as they taught when I was a kid. The hypocrisy of the church is as big a story here as Newt's serial infidelity if you ask me... Who knew? Supposedly Brad Pitt was offered the role of Jason Bourne but turned it down to do Spy Game instead... Compare Rick Perry's fanfare entrance into the Presidential race with whimper of his exit. If Rick Perry was a month - he'd be March coming in like a lion and leaving like a lamb... Sherlock Series 2 won't air on PBS Masterpiece until May 6th, 13th and 20th? That's crap!... I bet secretly Newt Gingrich would like a much grander title than President. He might he happy being known as his Excellence the King of Bohemian Life and Ideas...