Friday, September 10, 2004

Patriot's Game Miscellaneous Thoughts

First off - what in the Sam Hill does Elton John have to do with football? Was it an inside joke for somebody? Did some executive think to himself - "what we need is the exact opposite of the average NFL fan - somebody foreign, less than masculine and someone who's favorite sport isn't even football"... Bill Belichick continues to be a fashion statement. I have started looking forward to seeing what he wears on gameday. When Belichick was in Cleveland the phrase "nobody likes you and your mother dresses you funny" actually could have applied to him... Todd Helton of the Rockies was the QB at Tennessee before Peyton Manning... I'm biased but Tom Brady is definitely a better QB than Manning. How many times does he have to out perform him head to head to prove this point? If you still disagree - let me ask you this - when is the last time you saw Tom Brady choke in a big game? When's the last time you saw Peyton choke? I rest my case... I couldn't hear anything from the TV because college is back and Mahoney's was jam packed with young college girls who were making me feel old... I kept seeing those commercials for Boston Legal and I kept having the same two thoughts - A: the creators of LA Law should sue over this blatant rip off and B: is it William Shatner or James Spader who will be the Benny character?... When it got to 27-17 my friend Tim had a great line. The Patriots scored and Tim turned to me and said, "Francona would bring in a relief QB now"... (You may have to be a baseball fan to get that last one)... Only one game and already I am a HUGE Corey Dillion fan. We haven't had a running back like him since Curtis Martin... It must be frustrating to be a Colts fan. Indy basically almost moves the ball at will for 3 quarters and then gets shut down. Will Indy fans look back on the 2003 team the way Red Sox fans look back on the 1978 Sox? The Yankees won the World Series in 1978 and Sox fans maintain that no team could have beat the Red Sox if they could have gotten past the Yankees. Is Willie McGinest their Bucky "F" Dent?

No comments:

Post a Comment