Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Larry Lucchino is a Snake

I used to give Larry Lucchino the benefit of the doubt. Mainly because I met him once and he seemed a decent sort. Now I think he's a snake. Let me explain.

A couple of years ago I met Larry Lucchino while waiting to board a flight to Pittsburgh out of Logan. The Sox were playing the Pirates in interleague play and Lucchino was running late for the flight. They had already called the first class passengers and I was nice enough to let the late arriving Lucchino cut in front of me to board the plane.

We struck up a conversation.

"You're Larry Lucchino - right?"

"Only in Boston would someone recognize the President of the local baseball team."

"Good luck in Pittsburgh and hey I have to tell you I love those Monster seats. I can't wait to sit in them."

"Yeah - they've been a big success."

"Just don't change the pricing. You have to keep it affordable for guys like me to see a game. We all can't afford to fly first class - if you know what I'm saying."

"Heh heh. Well we have no plans to change the pricing for those seats. We think those are the best seats in baseball and I think $50 is a fair price."

"Well whatever you do - don't change the pricing for those seats."

"We'll keep the pricing for the Monster seats right where it is. We need guys like you going to the game."

The price for the best Monster seats were recently raised to $90. Larry Lucchino - you can't believe a word he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment