Monday, September 01, 2008

Mr. O
Do you know those stickers you see on cars for vacation locales? The white oval with black outline and lettering that simply says MV for Martha's Vineyard or KBP for Kennebunkport. There are lots of those type of stickers.

The other day I was driving my daughter home from crew practice and we saw one that said MRO. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what MRO could possibly mean. Then my daughter jokingly suggested that maybe it stood for Mr. O. I liked that explanation and openly wondered if there was also a MRSO or if MRO was a single guy.

My daughter suggested that I get a sticker that said MRL and one for my wife that said MRSL. I suggested that if she kept it up I was going to give her a sticker that said GFY (just kidding).

I looked up MRO on the Internet and now understand that it stands for Monroeville. But I still think Mr. O is a more amusing explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment