Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bartles and James

You can still buy Bartles & James wine coolers - though I don't know why you'd want to. Instead try a nice white wine or if you want something even sweeter - try some Sangria. I admit to drinking some Bartles and James back in the day. What can I say - Frank Bartles and Ed Jaymes were thanking me in advance for my support. I couldn't let them down. You have to admit that Frank Bartles and Ed Jaymes (played by David Joseph Rufkahr and Dick Maugg) were among the best TV pitchmen off all-time. Neither Rufkahr nor Maugg were actors. Rufkahr was in the Air Force and then went into cattle ranching while Maugg was a general contractor. Both went back to their previous livelihoods when the commercials were eventually ended. Rufkahr died of a heart attack back in April of 1996 while I think Maugg is still among the living.

I still can't believe that they still sell Bartles and James while my Zima has been discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment