Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting and thought I'd share.

- Video (1min) showing a camera on a hula-hoop. Thankfully the camera was pointing inward. If it was pointing outwards I think I would have gotten dizzy.

- Noah Jones plays Johnny Cash at the Webbys

- Eye-opener: the embossing of Oreo cookies as a humble and unrecognized masterpiece

- Interesting article - Lunch With David Mamet

- Ha ha - never thought of it like this

- Very disappointed to learn that Stephen Jay Gould may have faked data. Disappointed but not surprised since Gould was a Yankees fan.

- U of Michigan Marching Band playing Stairway to Heaven

- Fiona Shaw reading part of T. S. Eliot's The Waste Land. I just knew her as Aunt Petunia from the Harry Potter films. Had no idea she was this amazing.

- This is the article that had me look up Fiona Shaw in the first place. The Waste Land for iPad lovers. This is truly the future of both art and education.

No comments:

Post a Comment