Over the weekend I read Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. It was a fun read. Knowing the resolution of the mystery - I probably wouldn't read it a second time though. What was also fun was checking IMDB and seeing how many times the 1940 book was made into a movie (keep in mind that the book was also known under the title Ten Little Indians).
- And Then There Were None (1945)
- Ten Little N*ggers (1949) Oh those whacky British
- Ten Little Indians (1959)
- Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians (1965)
- Ten Little Indians (1974)
- Ten Little Maidens (1985) Oh oh - Agatha Christie porn with Ginger Lynn and Nina Hartley
- Ten Little Indians (1989) With Frank Stallone!
So seven movies based on an OK mystery (plus a video game). That's more attention than one of Shakespeare's lesser works. I'm glad I stumbled onto the book. I wasn't aware it was of such staggering cultural importance.