Friday, February 19, 2016

Top 5 - Red Sox Questions

Spring Training is finally here and a boy's thoughts turn to baseball (and sun dresses). Here's my top 5 questions regarding this year's Red Sox team.

1. Hanley Ramirez at 1st base? Do I need to say more? (I'm actually pulling for Hanley.)
2. David Price - will he be the first Boston pitcher with 20-wins since Josh Beckett back in 2007? Has it really been that long since the Red Sox had a 20-game winner?
3. Pablo Sandoval - the Panda is lucky that Hanley Ramirez was more of a hot mess last season otherwise more people would be pissed. He was awful last year and I for one would rather see Travis Shaw get a shot. Now Sandoval wants to get back to switch hitting? He's just trolling us.
4. There are lot's of questions about the rotation so I'm just going to lump them into one. Will Buchholz remain healthy? Will Rick Porcello and Joe Kelly be able to maintain the groove they both seemed to get into at the end of last season? Will Eduardo Rodriguez be able to make the next step up in class?
5. Is there a spot for knuckleballer Steven Wright? I don't know why but I have a soft spot for him. Will he be the long-reliever / spot starter or will be catch on with some team as a 5th starter? I hope he catches a break somewhere. Doesn't even have to be with Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment