Sunday, July 05, 2009

Pick of the Day

Today's pick of the day (POTD) is the Cardinals with Chris Carpenter against the Reds with Bronson Arroyo. The Cards are a -$141 favorite and I'm counting on Chris Carpenter returning to his winning ways and Bronson Arroyo sticking to his recent slump.

I made two mistakes yesterday. First I should have made the over (61.5 hot dogs) at Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest my POTD. Going over was a lock (the winner ate 68 hot dogs). Second my friend Pete does what he calls a "reverse parlay" where he picks four teams and then also bets the other sides in a second parlay because in his experience he's been all or nothing too many times. Yesterday I did a 4 team parlay and came up with nothing. I had Boston, Atlanta, the Dodgers and the Blue Jays. All four lost. If I did Pete's reverse parlay as insurance - I'd be sitting pretty today.

POTD record - 7-3 and plus a mythical $353

No comments:

Post a Comment