Saturday, July 04, 2009

Red Sox Magic Number - 82

The Red Sox magic number now stands at 82. I blew it. I had a window between Wednesday night and Thursday when the Yankees lost to the Mariners where the magic number was 83 and I was going to compare this Red Sox team to Patriots receiver Wes Welker who wears number 83.

I was going to point out that he's Texan like Josh Beckett. That he's fast like Jacoby Ellsbury. That he's a small man excelling at a big man sport like Dustin Pedroia. That he leads by quiet example like Jon Lester and Tim Wakefield. I was going to do a bunch of those comparisons. Now the magic number is 82 - and I don't even think there's even a player on the current Patriots roster who wears number 82.

The comparison idea has gone down like a lead balloon. Oh yeah - by the way - the atomic number of lead is 82.

No comments:

Post a Comment